[SOLVED] Laptop's speakers broken, except during POST?

Sep 20, 2019
Hey y'all, hoping someone can help pin-point whats exactly wrong with my laptops audio.

So I have a Alienware 15 R1, got it from a friend as a hand me down around 2 years back. The only thing wrong with it at the time was the audio, which didn't play from the speakers, but anything connected to the aux would still get the correct output, like headphones or external speakers.

Fast forward to today and I'm replacing the battery since it didn't hold a charge anymore. When I finished the installation I didn't put in the RAM correctly, therefore when I turned on my laptop the stereo outputted 2 beeps in sequence. This was to let me know about the bad RAM install so I fixed it. But then I realized that the laptops speakers that I thought were broken did in fact output audio.
Now after turning my computer on there's no stereo output at all. Drivers are all up to date, ran troubleshooter.

So my question now is what is causing the issue with my laptops speakers? I hope this scenario helps narrow down the problem. Taking this computer apart is a real hassle, and I don't want to do it if I don't have to.

Last edited by a moderator: