Question Laptop's video streaming is significantly slower than other devices

Sep 13, 2020
The laptop has a ryzen 5 3500u with Radeon Vega Mobile GFX, 8gb installed ram(5.92 usable) and the wifi adapter built in is Realtek RTL8822BE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter. Also, under the network adapters tab in Device Manager, there is 8 various WAN Miniports and Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller(If that makes any difference).

I own a desktop which uses a wireless adapter USB plug and the internet is exceptional from the same distance as the laptop. On both devices, the speed tests state the same download/upload speed (~36MB/s download ~4-5MB/s upload) however when loading videos, or just browsing the world wide web, there is a significant difference in load times from the laptop comparatively.

My desktop has a HDD while the laptop has a SSD, which led me to believe everything should load lightning fast.

I have downloaded games from both steam and origin on the laptop and they ran at the ~4-5MB/s as my internet should.

Is it possible that the built in adapter is causing this issue, and if I were to use a wireless USB adapter as the one in my desktop, would it fix this issue?

Thanks in advance!