Laptops with touch screens

PaulDesmond

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2016
I bought my first laptop (I was against using them because of the mouse). I was under the impression that all laptops had touch screens by default. My Asus A516 is not. Then I thought that only top of the range laptops have touch screen but ASUS 15.6" Chromebook C523NA at £250 is not. So can any shed some light on laptops with touch screens. I am happy with what I got but I am interested in finding out.

Secret-Squirrel

Reputable
Sep 12, 2020
................................I was under the impression that all laptops had touch screens by default.

Very few conventional laptops have touch screens.

Perhaps you've been thinking of "hybrid" laptops where the the keyboard can be removed, or the screen folded all the way back, to change from laptop to tablet mode. Those devices will always have a touch screen.

I bought my first laptop (I was against using them because of the mouse). I was under the impression that all laptops had touch screens by default. My Asus A516 is not. Then I thought that only top of the range laptops have touch screen but ASUS 15.6" Chromebook C523NA at £250 is not. So can any shed some light on laptops with touch screens. I am happy with what I got but I am interested in finding out.

If you are talking about having issues with using a touchpad or trackpoint pointer on a laptop, all you need to do is get a mouse to use with it, Tons of smaller wireless mice you can get. They do make using a laptop as a main system a lot easier.

Johnson Mike

Honorable
May 4, 2016
Laptops are basically of two types in terms of their shape. The first is a traditional type which comes with a standard clamshell type design, and the second is 2-in-1 laptops.

The difference between both is traditional laptops' lids can be opened up to at most 180 degrees while 2 in 1s have either 360-degree rotatable or detachable screens to provide users the functionality of a laptop and tablet in one device.

Since 2 in 1 laptops are also meant to be used as a tablet, all of them come with a touchscreen display.

Traditional laptops, on the other hand, mostly come with non-touch displays, but there are exceptions like Microsoft Surface Laptops, and there are also a few Dell Inspirons, Lenovo IdeaPads, and HP Pavilions that offer touchscreen displays in traditional clamshell type design.

I hope this helps you understand what kind of laptops are available to buy right now.