Large capacity burst mining rack

Jul 9, 2018
I'm looking to build a burstcoin mining rig with roughly 100TB capacity. I have a 25U server rack cabinet I'm mounting these into. Energy consumption is not a concern with this coin, my priorities are lifespan and cost. I only have the server rack at this point, any ideas on what I should put in there?

Solution
A 16 port Raid 6 controller controller (w/battery backup) paired with fourteen 10TB drives (12 for raid6 + 2 hot spares) should suffice for storage. Installed into a 20 drive 4u rack mount chassis that will double as the server case as well. For reliability you'll want redundant power supplies and a UPS.

Dual SSD's (raid1) OS drives +1 internal OS backup drive. Since this is only proof of concept, then I suppose you have no need to back up the 100TB's.

LoL

I'm assuming the actual mining rigs will be simulated or external.

popatim

Titan
A 16 port Raid 6 controller controller (w/battery backup) paired with fourteen 10TB drives (12 for raid6 + 2 hot spares) should suffice for storage. Installed into a 20 drive 4u rack mount chassis that will double as the server case as well. For reliability you'll want redundant power supplies and a UPS.

Dual SSD's (raid1) OS drives +1 internal OS backup drive. Since this is only proof of concept, then I suppose you have no need to back up the 100TB's.

LoL

I'm assuming the actual mining rigs will be simulated or external.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan

A couple of 4 or 8 bay USB 3.0 or eSATA enclosures, filled with 8 or 10 TB drives.
As a proof of concept, that would probably work.

Of course, you've not given us any performance or connectivity requirements, so that may or may not work.