Large deployements

jeff

Hi all. I am looking for feedback on the best way to
deploy say over 100 machines(desktops and laptops) with
win2k and basic applications..
I know there is RIS, Unattended installs, and Ghost
Imaging.
I would like to know your thought and experiences on the
best tool for this project.
I am in a Win2k Active Directory network
Thanks and I look forward to your input.

Jeff T

Josh

RIS is free, fairly straight forward and does a good job of automation if you can meet the requirements. You can only create images of PCs with one partition. And your desktops/laptops need to be the same model, if you've got a bunch of different hardware configs, it probably won't be worth it. If you want specific advice, post more details about what your doing and what your constraints are.