[SOLVED] Large files download interrumption

Naoto

Commendable
Jun 21, 2021
Hi there. In the last few weeks i can't download anymore large files (in GBs scales) from websites using my wireless connection, download stops in the beginning and results as failure. Download speed is relatively normal (you know, websites set a limit on how much bandwidth give) and my connection with the router doesn't drop, the tray-icon is perfectly fine. I'm experiencing this problem only on my laptop, but i should say ONLY on Windows 10, if i try to download the same file on my android device it's all fine, and if i do the same thing on a Linux distribution (with the same browser) i can perform the same download too. I did severely things to troubleshoot this issue, this is what i've already done with no results:

• Reinstalled network card driver with Device Manager
  • Upgraded network card with the last manufacturer driver.
  • Flushed DNSs
  • Performed a router total reset.
  • Set the 5GH preference in the network card advanced configuration.
  • Unchecked the energy saving feature from the Energy Saving tab on network card propriety.
Windows 10 Version: 10.0.19043 Build 19043
Network Card: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265
Driver Version: 20.70.24.1 (05/10/2021) (Intel)
Browser Used: Edge, Chrome and Firefox (current)

Please, if i omitted some info, just ask. Thanks a lot for your time.

UPDATE #1

Forgot to tell this part. The issue about my connection is not completely about downloading large files, i think that there's a correlation with the continuous buffering when i'm watching streams (but only on Twitch, not on YouTube for example), it's something can often happen after 3-4 minutes of watching.

UPDATE #2

Thanks to a nearby local IT shop i was able to execute some tests on a different provider (and router). Everything worked as it should be, i could both download large files and watch streams without any interruptions, so maybe the problem is related to my router.

Last edited:
Solution
I can confirm that downloads can sometime be interrupted in Win10 using Firefox, but most of the times I can resume the downloads without problem (resuming a failed download was impossible with WinXP before).

Naoto

Commendable
Jun 21, 2021
I can confirm that downloads can sometime be interrupted in Win10 using Firefox, but most of the times I can resume the downloads without problem (resuming a failed download was impossible with WinXP before).

I thought it was a browser related issue in the first place. The first time i encountered the interruption problem i was using Edge. As i mentioned in my post, i was able to complete an entire large download with Firefox on a Linux distribution.

UPDATE

Thanks to a nearby local IT shop i was able to execute some tests on a different provider (and router). Everything worked as it should be, i could both download large files and watch streams without any interruptions, so maybe the problem is related to my router.

Last edited: