Large house speakers next to PC

Shinyo

Commendable
Jan 9, 2017
I have two large older Marantz speakers hooked up to my pc along with the surround sound and sub-woofer but it just occurred to me that there might be a possibility of damage to the pc or an external hard drive I just got. Anyone know how far a magnetic field might extend from the speakers? The speakers ROCK and can rattle the neighbors windows but I have a high end gaming pc and would not want to endanger it.

Solution
Depends on how big and effective the magnets are.
But normaly there is not a problem, one thing you should be alittle carefull about in fact is that if you have a very high volum system with ample amount of bass.
And you have old HDD`s... the vibrations is more a danger factor.
Depends on how big and effective the magnets are.
But normaly there is not a problem, one thing you should be alittle carefull about in fact is that if you have a very high volum system with ample amount of bass.
And you have old HDD`s... the vibrations is more a danger factor.

Solution
You'd have to get pretty close to it ... if they are older, I mean way older (before mid 1960s when everything was made in USA) then Id be more concerned.

Vibration is the other concern ... make sure you are not using any server type HDs as these are usually not equipped with "head parking" features. Still I wouldn't by playing 1812 Overture with the HD processing large files.