Large WIN98 after upgrade

After I upgraded from WIN 98 to WIN XP PROF the folder "WIN98" is 2GB!!
How do I get this smaller? What can be deleted?
The "windows" folder is 500MB. Is it possible to make this smaller (yes I
deleted temp files, cookies and history files)?

Jerry

My guess is the Win98 folder you're talking about is the backup of your
original Win98 installation. If you're sure you will not decide to go back
to 98 from XP then look in Control Panel > Add/Remove for the option to
delete the previous operating system.

"Sally G" <Sally G@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After I upgraded from WIN 98 to WIN XP PROF the folder "WIN98" is 2GB!!
> How do I get this smaller? What can be deleted?
> The "windows" folder is 500MB. Is it possible to make this smaller (yes I
> deleted temp files, cookies and history files)?

Sally,
If you have plenty of Hard Drive space I would leave all the files in tack
in the Windows 98 folder...
If you have 2-Hard Drives I would move Win98 to it...
And no I would not Remove the whole Windows 98 program as you might need it
someday! it's a small fraction of space to the benifits Win 98 still has...
"Always be aware of and ward off the Demon from within"

Regards,
L391