[SOLVED] Laser Mouse Software

Chris_6

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2014
I once had a program that came with a laser mouse. It had multiple speed settings for the mouse at different speeds.

Anyone know of a program that works for any mouse?

Thanks,
Chris

Solution
It sounds like "acceleration" is the keyword that you are looking for. Or "acceleration curve". A quick Google search for "acceleration mouse movement software" brings up several such applications.

Chris_6

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2014
I think the old one was Xtreme Gaming but I can't find it anywhere. I don't think they are around anymore.

The new mouse is the "DELL - Peripheral B2B Laser Wired Mouse MS3220 Black SE" found here:

https://www.amazon.ca/Dell-Laser-Wired-Mouse-MS3220-BLK/dp/B084BRHWPM/

Thanks for the reply. It looks like the mouse way to change speed is the DPI button. I was wondering if anyone knew of a program where you could make the mouse move faster, set at different speeds per mouse movement.

Chris_6

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2014
no, I meant, the mouse moved slower if you moved slowly but I could set it up so the faster you move it, the further the cursor moved. It had sliders for like about 5 different speeds. I had it set up so it barely moved if you move the mouse slow, but if you moved it fast, it the cursor would fly from one side of the screen to the other in one quick motion. (the same distance moves different distance depending on speed of the mouse movement.)

Last edited:
no, I meant, the mouse moved slower if you moved slowly but I could set it up so the faster you move it, the further the cursor moved. It had sliders for like about 5 different speeds. I had it set up so it barely moved if you move the mouse slow, but if you moved it fast, it the cursor would fly from one side of the screen to the other in one quick motion. (the same distance moves different distance depending on speed of the mouse movement.)
Sounds like you're looking for something that configures the DPI/sensitivity profiles on the mouse. There's no universal app to set this up. You have to find the manufacturer of the mouse and see if they have an app that supports yours.