[SOLVED] Laser printer will not work with new computer

Mar 22, 2022
I have an old Canon Image Class 530D laser printer. It worked on my old compuer that had upgraded to Windows 10. But it will not work with the new computer running Windows 10. I have installed and uninstalled the printer, drivers etc. The printer is detected, says set up and ready to go when I turn it on, but when I go under device settings, it still says driver unavailable and defaults to PDF print. There is a known problem with this printer and Windows 10, but I am using the same Canon software and Windows 10 that I used when it worked with my old computer. Any suggestions? Thanks....

Solution
How is the Canon 530D connected: USB, wired network, wireless network?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any printer related error codes, warnings, or informational events.

Are you installing the printer drivers manually or using some third party utility/installer to do so?

If the latter, try manually downloading the drivers directly from Canon's website. Install and configure as necessary.

Ralston18

Titan

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any printer related error codes, warnings, or informational events.

Are you installing the printer drivers manually or using some third party utility/installer to do so?

If the latter, try manually downloading the drivers directly from Canon's website. Install and configure as necessary.

Solution
Mar 22, 2022
Connected

It is connected through USB. I have installed the drivers both manually and through the Canon website. It says driver is unavailable, but under the printer hardware properties it says this device is working properly. It's working now, thanks for your help. I unistalled and reinstalled the drivers a half dozen times. Maybe it was adding an optional download for the printer that did it, I don't know but it is working now, that is all I care about. I have to print out a tax document for tomorrow, thank God I can now. Thanks and have a good night, I need a beer now! :)