Laserjet III Error 51

I've had the printer for almost 3 years, and it's been a workhorse for me.
Lately it's been giving me error 51, I read it's something about the laser?
Could this still revived without spending an amount equal to buying another
used LJ III going on around Ebay, etc.? Any help would be appreciated, and
if it's possible is there a website somewhere for Do-it-yourselfers?

Thanks.

Alan

AlanS <slashdotnet@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<Xns956D92E8Cslashdotnetyahoocom@207.106.93.175>...
> I've had the printer for almost 3 years, and it's been a workhorse for me.
> Lately it's been giving me error 51, I read it's something about the laser?
> Could this still revived without spending an amount equal to buying another
> used LJ III going on around Ebay, etc.? Any help would be appreciated, and
> if it's possible is there a website somewhere for Do-it-yourselfers?

Have a look at <http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/hpcodes.html> and the
page linked from "Error 51 (beam detect error)".

Also, get the Laserwriter II manual from <http://tinyurl.com/526jc>
Aside from the outer case and some connectors, it's almost identical
to the HPIII. It's got good "take-apart" diagrams.

But if you go for a "new" one, get an HP4 or 5. Very little more used,
twice the dpi and faster.

TRENDING THREADS