Laserjet Printer drivers

Solution

Hm, drivers look a little scarce for that model - even XP x64 drivers aren't listed.

It appears that they offer the Universal Printing for PCL5 driver as an option for XP 32-bit so you might be able to use the x64 version of that with the printer on Win7 (LaserJet 1200s certainly work with it although I seem to remember having to fiddle a bit because the driver doesn't detect the device type correctly) - try the one from here. (This was linked from the LaserJet P3015 driver page - if the link doesn't work for you, try searching for Win7 x64 drivers for that printer on HP's site and look for the Universal Print Driver for Windows PCL5.)

The PCL6 driver...

molletts

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009

Hm, drivers look a little scarce for that model - even XP x64 drivers aren't listed.

It appears that they offer the Universal Printing for PCL5 driver as an option for XP 32-bit so you might be able to use the x64 version of that with the printer on Win7 (LaserJet 1200s certainly work with it although I seem to remember having to fiddle a bit because the driver doesn't detect the device type correctly) - try the one from here. (This was linked from the LaserJet P3015 driver page - if the link doesn't work for you, try searching for Win7 x64 drivers for that printer on HP's site and look for the Universal Print Driver for Windows PCL5.)

The PCL6 driver may also work as the LJ1300 appears to support PCL6 according to its XP driver page but I had odd issues when I tried using that with LJ1200s to try and get my entire network printer fleet onto just one driver a few years back. (Some worked, some didn't, some worked some of the time!)

Hope this helps,
Stephen

Solution