[SOLVED] Last Advice before purchasing

shadidd

Prominent
Sep 12, 2021
So i have decided to buy the , desktop below.
But with some uprgrades
Cpu: i5 11600KF
PSU: tx750m
desktop: Gaming PC with NVIDIA Ampere GeForce RTX 3070 and Intel Core i5 10400F LN111782 - SGI53070 | SCAN UK

now the question was of the motherboard. The sales team there suggested for me to upgrade the motherboard from a
Intel B460M(they told me its the asus one)https://www.scan.co.uk/products/asu...ddr4-sata3-dual-m2-gbe-usb-32-gen-1-micro-atx

to the ASUS PRIME Intel H570M(https://www.scan.co.uk/products/asu...pcie-40-sata3-2x-m2-gbe-usb-32-gen2-micro-atx)

the reason they provided us because the new CPU is an 11th gen, and the older motherboard might show some problems.

is it worth it , or are they just trying to get me buy something more expensive

also I cannot afford to upgrade anything anymore as it goes outside budget unless its essential

I would very much appreciate your advise, thanks in advance.

Solution
is the "MSI B560M-A Pro: mATX - USB 3.2, 1x M.2 " better than the two options?
or "MSI B560M Bazooka"
or "MSI B560M Pro "
how different are these from eachother and are they worth it
beacuase i just watched a video from hardware unboxed and they where bashing the b560m mobas
One of the cheaper good quality boards...

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
Motherboard | Gigabyte B560M AORUS PRO Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard | $139.99 @ Newegg
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total | $139.99
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-10-17 22:57 EDT-0400 |

View...
There wont be any problem but you will miss out on a couple of features like XMP and PCIe4 support. But you can get them with a cheaper b560 board as well. If the h570 is out of your range ask them for some cheaper b560 alternatives.
To be honest both of those boards offered to you are cheap in their respective chipset category and lacks adequate VRM for proper thermals. I would get something better with more VRM cooling as this generation of Intel chips are pretty power hungry.

The PSU is a good upgrade. Problem with prebuilts is that they bundle so many cheap components to make max profit that its never worth it.

shadidd

Prominent
Sep 12, 2021
There wont be any problem but you will miss out on a couple of features like XMP and PCIe4 support. But you can get them with a cheaper b560 board as well. If the h570 is out of your range ask them for some cheaper b560 alternatives.
To be honest both of those boards offered to you are cheap in their respective chipset category and lacks adequate VRM for proper thermals. I would get something better with more VRM cooling as this generation of Intel chips are pretty power hungry.

The PSU is a good upgrade. Problem with prebuilts is that they bundle so many cheap components to make max profit that its never worth it.
or "MSI B560M Bazooka"
or "MSI B560M Pro "
beacuase i just watched a video from hardware unboxed and they where bashing the b560m mobas

Last edited:
or "MSI B560M Bazooka"
or "MSI B560M Pro "
One of the cheaper good quality boards...

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
Motherboard | Gigabyte B560M AORUS PRO Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard | $139.99 @ Newegg
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total | $139.99
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-10-17 22:57 EDT-0400 |

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkiTA0XvXUM

Solution