[SOLVED] Last BIOS time is 38 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

peddintikartik

Commendable
May 22, 2018
Hi,
As the title reads the time taken by my laptop to show up the HP logo (HP is the manufacturer) is around 38 seconds. Then the laptop boots in 7-8 seconds because it has an SSD. The problem is I have an external mechanical keyboard connected to it through USB port when I disconnect the keyboard the BIOS time will be around 3.5 seconds. What might be the problem? I recently got the keyboard and I never used external keyboards with a laptop.

Solution
38 seconds is not a long time, but something is not right. How much time does the computer take to recognize the keyboard when plugged in after boot?
You need to look into your BIOS, bios may see the keyboard as a boot device - change boot priorities to USB last. Then check all the options for USB ports - legacy and swap options etc....
38 seconds is not a long time, but something is not right. How much time does the computer take to recognize the keyboard when plugged in after boot?
You need to look into your BIOS, bios may see the keyboard as a boot device - change boot priorities to USB last. Then check all the options for USB ports - legacy and swap options etc....

Solution

peddintikartik

Commendable
May 22, 2018
Thank you for your reply. The keyboard is detected immediately after plugging it into the USB port. USB is last in the BIOS boot order. I don't know what's causing the issue.

peddintikartik

Commendable
May 22, 2018
Possibly related to the port, can you try a different usb port? Is this a normal keyboard? have you swapped with a different keyboard.
I updated the BIOS and even went into the BIOS and loaded the factory defaults. The issue seems to be fixed. May be its just a driver conflict for the older BIOS. Thank you for your time.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Last bios time is often wrong, its the time reported to windows from bios and it can be way off. I have seen it reported as up to 30 minutes when start-up itself isn't actually slow. If the pc itself is actually still fast, just ignore the time reported. My current PC reports 16.6 seconds and yet start up is way faster on this PC than the last which reported 9.8 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.