Last Call for BestConfigs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leopardos

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2008
I still dont get the High end PC competition...
Its easy, Pick the most expensive parts and double/triple graphic cards (Sli or CrossFire) and you'r done with the best PC in the world out there.

You cant argue with my point :) can you ?

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]nieur[/nom]lately what is wrong with tom's?we don't need model holding motherboard we have other sites for that purpose[/citation]
I agree, it's like they're refusing to drop the booth-babe mentality. Sad really.

kortex

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2007
[citation][nom]landowopdago[/nom]No carputer? shame on you tom[/citation]

I have no issue with the model holding a motherboard. Do you complain when you see attractive people endorsing other products? Welcome to the world. Someone call the waahhhmbulance.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]Dax Corrin[/nom]Hotties and Hardware? What's not to love? Just cause you don't know any beautiful women, get out of your mom's basement.[/citation]
[citation][nom]kortex[/nom]I have no issue with the model holding a motherboard. Do you complain when you see attractive people endorsing other products? Welcome to the world. Someone call the waahhhmbulance.[/citation]
That's not even the point. That's just not the point. I'm tired of going over this again and again. Right now i don't have a proper structured answer in my head, it's 1:30 AM here.

A part of it would probably be: Why isn't there a male model there? Or in car shows? Or at CES?

kortex

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2007
[citation][nom]ojas[/nom]That's not even the point. That's just not the point. I'm tired of going over this again and again. Right now i don't have a proper structured answer in my head, it's 1:30 AM here.A part of it would probably be: Why isn't there a male model there? Or in car shows? Or at CES?[/citation]

Computer hardware is typically marketed to men. A product should ALWAYS appear more attractive to a the target demographic. I enjoy computer building. I enjoy the female form. I believe the intent was to be humorous; I find it so.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]kortex[/nom]Computer hardware is typically marketed to men. A product should ALWAYS appear more attractive to a the target demographic. I enjoy computer building. I enjoy the female form. I believe the intent was to be humorous; I find it so.[/citation]
THAT'S THE WHOLE F***ING PROBLEM.

"Cars are typically marketed to men."
"Games are typically marketed to men."
"Computers are typically marketed to men."

So let's just ignore the other half of the human population, even if they are, to a large extent, equal buyers? What if some men enjoy the male form more?

The intent was humorous? Seriously now? Missed the humor in models trying to make me find a piece of electronics attractive? Oh wait, is the joke on all of us?

Because the very fact that you're accepting the marketing strategy that says "hey look, bewbs! Now stop thinking and buy buy buy!" or something similar, is indeed funny.

So isn't this a very sexist practice in general?

Man i do NOT mind looking at models, and i'm not a conservative nut bag (don't mean this politically, i'm not American) or anything. But FFS after 2 millions years of evolution or more i think we could promote less objectification of women and more gender equality, rather than the other way around?

Look at the pictures again, ask yourself "are they being reduced to objects here?" and then look at them again. What do you think?

Repeat for auto expos, CES, computex, etc. (hint: if they're not adding any value to the situation except being eye candy, it's most likely intended objectification).

kortex

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2007
[citation][nom]ojas[/nom]THAT'S THE WHOLE F***ING PROBLEM."Cars are typically marketed to men.""Games are typically marketed to men.""Computers are typically marketed to men."So let's just ignore the other half of the human population, even if they are, to a large extent, equal buyers? What if some men enjoy the male form more?The intent was humorous? Seriously now? Missed the humor in models trying to make me find a piece of electronics attractive? Oh wait, is the joke on all of us?Because the very fact that you're accepting the marketing strategy that says "hey look, bewbs! Now stop thinking and buy buy buy!" or something similar, is indeed funny.So isn't this a very sexist practice in general?Man i do NOT mind looking at models, and i'm not a conservative nut bag (don't mean this politically, i'm not American) or anything. But FFS after 2 millions years of evolution or more i think we could promote less objectification of women and more gender equality, rather than the other way around?Look at the pictures again, ask yourself "are they being reduced to objects here?" and then look at them again. What do you think?Repeat for auto expos, CES, computex, etc. (hint: if they're not adding any value to the situation except being eye candy, it's most likely intended objectification).[/citation]

Men are objectified, women are objectified. That's the way the world works. I definitely see your point, and it's not a bad one. People however will always objectify. Embrace your genetics and embrace society. This is my last post. Good discussion.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
Yeah, men are objectified, and that's not any less sexist. Feminism addresses that too, the entire masculinity thing, but that's an entire discussion by itself, so i digress.

But no...no. Don't embrace a fundamentally sick society, improve it. That is why you're human. Because you can think, act, induce change, influence others.

People objectify because society's always conditioned them to objectify. But wow. People will always murder, rape, torture, etc. as well. Does that mean we encourage more of that? I can't, i won't.

You can either be what society wants you to be, or you can be...you.

We long for democracy, but so willfully embrace being slaves to society out of the fear of being thought different...this, is my last point...

Status
Not open for further replies.