Last consideration before build. Recommended MB for QX6700?

dalbert89

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2007
Hi fellas

I’m almost at the end of my list for building a new system. The last thing I need to decide on is the motherboard and was hopping you guys could help me out.

Since hearing about the "Intel price cuts" and reading about the unbelievable prices the C2D range would drop down to, I knew that I would have to get the QX6700.

For now though I just need some stuff that will get me by so I was going to skimp on the graphics card (X850XT off ebay) and a e6300 or dependent on the motherboard I get, a P4 D is a possibility. I just can't wait any longer and want to build now :lol:

So what I'm looking for is the best QX6700 motherboard available for moderate OC (considering how hot the QX6700 gets), stability, great future proof, reliability etc...... I doubt I will ever use SLI but I may be tempted when the DX10 cards price drop. The three boards I looked at where:-

Intel Bad Axe 2

EVGA nForce 680

DFI Lanparty UT ICFX3200T2R/G RD600

Would greatly appreciate any input.

dalbert89

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2007
:) Great song

Thanks for the fast reponse. Does anyone have any comments on the 680i boards? The last time I checked I heard horrible things about them e.g. cannot even operate with a Quad QX6007 and SLI confiiguration. Since then I had another look and found some positive feedback. Maybe someone can say a few words from personal experience?

Hi fellas

I’m almost at the end of my list for building a new system. The last thing I need to decide on is the motherboard and was hopping you guys could help me out.

Since hearing about the "Intel price cuts" and reading about the unbelievable prices the C2D range would drop down to, I knew that I would have to get the QX6700.

For now though I just need some stuff that will get me by so I was going to skimp on the graphics card (X850XT off ebay) and a e6300 or dependent on the motherboard I get, a P4 D is a possibility. I just can't wait any longer and want to build now :lol:

So what I'm looking for is the best QX6700 motherboard available for moderate OC (considering how hot the QX6700 gets), stability, great future proof, reliability etc...... I doubt I will ever use SLI but I may be tempted when the DX10 cards price drop. The three boards I looked at where:-

Intel Bad Axe 2

EVGA nForce 680

DFI Lanparty UT ICFX3200T2R/G RD600

Would greatly appreciate any input.

Anything from Gigabyte or ASUS with an Intel, maybe nVidia chipset