hello tech wizs'
Message Count: 1
Likes Received: 0
i am facing a typical problem with my pc. its a 5 yrs old system. i have a asrock conroe 1333- d667 mobo with a intel e2140 processor @1.6ghz. powered with ddr2 ram of 2 gb(2sticks) and a sparkle nvidia 9400gt. it is running on windows vista ultimate from beginning.
two weeks back the problem got started. i turned it on and my went away for 5 mins. wen i got back all i could see is completely white screen. i booted it again and it worked. after couple of days it started doing weird things lke:-
1) got beyond POST bios worked for 10 to 15 mins and sudden shut down.
2) sometimes wen i start my pc the fan would start and turn off instantly.
3) ok sometimes got beyond post bios and in windows screen. open a web page or any activity the screen would flicker once as if i refreshed and it freezes.
4) ha ha ha the fans start spinning but nothing comes on the screen.
5) sometimes i notice in the cpu usage gadget the needle sometimes shows usage of above 70% and even 100% at times even for small programs
if u ask me about the beeps. i get just one beep wen its booting. never got multiple beeps.
if the pc works it works for hours and once it turns off it doesnt start. i assure the other hardware were tested and aren't faulty.
the motherboard shows the same symptoms even if i changed it with another processor.
so is it a sign of "processor failure" or the motherboard's last days.
i am a noob.pls help
if i need to change the motherboard should i replace it with a new 775 socket one or try for an upgrade to better socket. if i do so, i need to change the ram, processor, graphics card and etc.