himedavito

Commendable
Jul 20, 2020
Hey reader hope you’re doing great . I’m not that happy :( . So today i got my new laptop ASUS ROG STRIX G15 15.6" Gaming Laptop
Laptop Specs are:
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8 GB
RAM: 16 GB DDR5 3200 Mhz
Storage: 1 TB SSD
Processor : AMD Ryzen 7 6800H - 3.2 GHz / 4.7 GHz / Octa-core
I was so excited and happy , thought i will expierience real good gaming for first time in my life … sadly not
So i’ve done all Windows updates and installed nvidia GPU drivers and all Asus drivers.
Games i tested was Leauge of Legends and CS:GO
In Leauge at start i got 240-200 fps but then minute in game it dropped to 100-115 fps . CS was 300-200 vs computer and under 200 vs Real people .
I m sure that this type of PC shouldn’t be that bad on FPS specialy on games like that .
https://pc-builds.com/fps-calculator/result/1eB1ax/46/league-of-legends/1920x1080/
I checked FPS calculator and honestly died inside.
I am trying to search online for any help tried AMD adrenalinr changing settings , game mode On/Off and yet same bad FPS . I don’t know what to do was thinking maybe it’s windows 11 fault but why would it be. Laptop works perfectly in other aspects just games doesn’t run well. I’m desperate and i need your help . 😇 Your suggestions and ideas are much welcomed.(y)

Solution
Honestly, gaming with a laptop is not like gaming with a desktop. Issues like watching heat and such are much bigger deals, and a lot of things are stripped down from desktop versions.

And what refresh rate is your monitor? Unless you're a pro level gamer, you're not going to get see much of a benefit from a framerate higher than refresh rate. For most people who aren't extremely highly skilled/fast reflexes, the subtle changes in input lag are a great example of placebo effect.

You would do better to focus on things like benchmarks and heat and reading up rather than continually complaining about the horror of your laptop. If it's so excruciatingly awful for you, just return it. Consoles may be more up your alley or a...

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Honestly, gaming with a laptop is not like gaming with a desktop. Issues like watching heat and such are much bigger deals, and a lot of things are stripped down from desktop versions.

And what refresh rate is your monitor? Unless you're a pro level gamer, you're not going to get see much of a benefit from a framerate higher than refresh rate. For most people who aren't extremely highly skilled/fast reflexes, the subtle changes in input lag are a great example of placebo effect.

You would do better to focus on things like benchmarks and heat and reading up rather than continually complaining about the horror of your laptop. If it's so excruciatingly awful for you, just return it. Consoles may be more up your alley or a proper desktop.

Solution

himedavito

Commendable
Jul 20, 2020

You would do better to focus on things like benchmarks and heat and reading up rather than continually complaining about the horror of your laptop. If it's so excruciatingly awful for you, just return it. Consoles may be more up your alley or a proper desktop.
Am GPU temperature Max was 76C CPU 78C on Turbo Mode . Refresh is 300hz . I mean i don't look for insane fps but atleast 144 capped but i can't even reach that . I just trying to understand if gaming laptop is a scam .
By the MSI Afterburner it seems like my CPU and GPU is never used fully . I m noob in tech and don't really understand the benchmarking thing . I wont return it since it runs good just gaming part is the bad one and in competitive games like CSGO and Leauge of legeneds every fps counts and having 100-120 and 144 and higher is huge difference since i m high elo player it means so much for me .
Im just gonna try surf internet and try all possible tutorials on settings and other stuff anyway Thanks for your answer. :sneaky:

himedavito

Commendable
Jul 20, 2020
https://ibb.co/nzZ5FV4
I can check many games FPS what it should have ( my laptop ) information is provided by company where i bought it i will contact them since i've done everything Ultimate on GPU ( max performance ) Updated Bios / Windows / Nvidia Settings there is no really anything to do might be some secret tick somewhere wich would make fps good in everygame but i dont know nobody knows here . I m thankful everyone for trying to help me .

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
https://ibb.co/nzZ5FV4
I can check many games FPS what it should have ( my laptop ) information is provided by company where i bought it i will contact them since i've done everything Ultimate on GPU ( max performance ) Updated Bios / Windows / Nvidia Settings there is no really anything to do might be some secret tick somewhere wich would make fps good in everygame but i dont know nobody knows here . I m thankful everyone for trying to help me .

Those game FPS sites are worthless.

Give me 30 minutes and I can dummy up a webpage showing that Cyberpunk can run at 200 FPS on an egg salad sandwich.

Reactions: Unolocogringo

himedavito

Commendable
Jul 20, 2020
Those game FPS sites are worthless.

Give me 30 minutes and I can dummy up a webpage showing that Cyberpunk can run at 200 FPS on an egg salad sandwich.
Am that’s stores site not some fps dummy site , i mean idk they just claim to have experts to test computer and display stats. I contacted asus and will contact store because i feel scammed and somethings off gonna try to return computer

TRENDING THREADS