[SOLVED] Last night the motherboard turned on fine, tried testing it this morning and it’s not turning on.

Apr 1, 2021
For context: I have a Z490 E-Gaming from ROG.

I was able to test my motherboard last night, but now it won’t turn on.

So I’m building a pc, and last night, while the computer was out of the case I wanted to test it since I’ve had these parts for a few months and wanted to know in case any were faulty, I could return them. So I put together the entire motherboard, and followed all the safety steps for turning on the motherboard outside of the case. I grounded myself, connected all the cables, turned on the psu, and held the screw driver to the pins it needed. It turned on fine, I was able to install windows, but it was pretty late so I’m shutdown the computer from windows and decided I would download the rest of the drivers tomorrow. I woke up today, did the exact same thing as yesterday, but now there’s no result. It doesn’t turn on. I tried this with another screwdriver and still nothing. Does anybody know what I could be doing wrong? Should I put it in the case and turn it on with the case buttons after I connect the pins? Thank you!!

Solution
Check cable and GPU connections. Clear CMOS and try again. More wise action would be to assemble all inside case BEFORE turning on to avoid glitches when something dislodges on table.
Apr 1, 2021
Check cable and GPU connections. Clear CMOS and try again. More wise action would be to assemble all inside case BEFORE turning on to avoid glitches when something dislodges on table.
thank you! I’m not home right now but will assemble everything in the case. It was just odd, I’ve done this before but not going to do it again. Thanks for everything!