[SOLVED] Late 2011 Mac Pro 15" i7 2.2-Ram Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtgolden1s

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
Hello, I am upgrading the ram in my mac pro from 4 to 16gig. I have read that even though the max states 8 gig, you can add 16gig. Is this true? Would there be any benefits?

Solution
I have a late 2011 MacBook Pro 15" and did upgrade the RAM to 16GB even though Apple reports it will only support up to 8GB. I did some research before upgrading to make sure it was possible. I use it to edit videos and do some work with Adobe After Effects so the upgrade has proven to be quite beneficial. As far as to whether there would be any benefits for you it would depend on what you are doing with the MacBook.
I have a late 2011 MacBook Pro 15" and did upgrade the RAM to 16GB even though Apple reports it will only support up to 8GB. I did some research before upgrading to make sure it was possible. I use it to edit videos and do some work with Adobe After Effects so the upgrade has proven to be quite beneficial. As far as to whether there would be any benefits for you it would depend on what you are doing with the MacBook.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.