Question Latency Issues?

etchersoy23

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
Long story short: Me and my brother were playing CSGO and I noticed that I had a constant ping of 130, while my brother on the otherhand had a constant ping of 30. We're under the same network connection so I don't see how this is possible. I lag all the time and I'm fed up with it. Is there any ways to fix this? What should I check? Thanks for feedback.

Unabridged:
Our internet is cracked. Where we live, we only get one service provider (that's not satellite) and that's AT&T. The highest package they offer is 6mbps so that's what we have. We have numerous of internet compatible devices like Three Computers, Four Smart Phones, and a Smart TV. Whenever one of these devices are being used, usually the internet craps out and goes to the 100ms+ ranges. Sometimes with 2-15% Packet Loss. Usually we both lag at the same time with similar pings if other occupy the internet, even to just check email. But this time only me and him are on it, and mine is constant 130ms, while his is only 30ms. Why is this? Thanks for any helllp.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS