Feb 2, 2021
So im having an issue with my internet where I can connect to web pages (like youtube,etc) and watch videos and movies with almost no issue. However when I try and play games online there if frequent latency issues (I cant move, but I can watch others in real time). In addition to this my roomate is also experiencing wifi issues, cant connect for meetings/very laggy.

I have a wired connection into my router. Ive reset it countless times, updated drivers, etc but I cannot escape these issues. At first I thought it was that im running a 50ft coax cable to the router however it worked this past weekend with no problems. I have also done speed tests to see if it changes in games and nothing out of the ordinary was discovered. I was hoping Yall had some ideas for me before I call Xfinity again to have them tell me to reset my router. If you need more info let me know.

Thank you!

Solution
Switch over I mean look at since they are hidden behind the main application screen.

What you now need to do is get proof it is the ISP equipment so they will fix it.

What you need to do is have ping run to your router ip and to the first ISP router. This is hop 1 and hop 2 in the tracert command for most people. You will show them you get no loss to hop 1 so it can't be your router or pc but you have loss to hop 2 which means there is a problem between your house and the ISP.
You are likely having issues sending data but it is ok to receive. Check the power levels in the cable modem for the upstream. The exact number vary a bit but if you are close to 50 you need to check the tables to find the exact maximum number that will work on the type of docsis you ISP is using. High upstream numbers can be caused cables and splitters in your house but it can also be outside your house.

You need to do some testing to find where the problem really is. First run constant ping to some IP like 8.8.8.8 and see if you are getting packet loss. If this is ok then the problem is something different. Other wise the next step is to ping you router IP and the first ISP router (hop 2 in tracert). Issues with the cables coming to your house will show no problem with a ping to the router but issues pinging the first isp router.

Feb 2, 2021
So today it seems to be working better. I checked my upstream and downstream power levels and got the following:
Upstream: 39.75 dBmV
Downstream: between 9.4 dBmV and 10.5 dBmV.
Are these readings good, or could there be an issue?
Ran a constant ping and got no packet loss. What should I look for next? Maybe it's just random?
Thank you for the help thus far!

Those number are very good.

It is likely random.

I would leave a constant ping run in background windows to some ip addresses. Something like 8.8.8.8 and your ISP first router would be best. When you see issues you can quickly switch over. I leave these run all the time and most times I only lose a few packets a day.

Switch over I mean look at since they are hidden behind the main application screen.

What you now need to do is get proof it is the ISP equipment so they will fix it.

What you need to do is have ping run to your router ip and to the first ISP router. This is hop 1 and hop 2 in the tracert command for most people. You will show them you get no loss to hop 1 so it can't be your router or pc but you have loss to hop 2 which means there is a problem between your house and the ISP.

Solution