[SOLVED] Latest and best AMD Mobile CPU / GPU available

Ragahv

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2012
Hi, I am looking to build myself a handheld gaming pc.

I have decided that I need a mobile CPU with built in graphics processor like AMD Ryzen 4000 series but that employs the Vega 8 graphics and with that I cannot run a game like battlefield 4 on ultra or high settings.

So I would like to speak to a technical person on this forum, who has enough knowledge regards to CPU.

For my handheld asking device, I have chosen a Pico ITX motherboard and I want to use either an Intel based mobile processor or an AMD one.

However it must have good GPU built in unlike Intel graphics 3000 or Vega 8.

I'm looking for a embedded GPU with up to 4gb VRAM capability.

Fast memory and clock speed.
High performance mode for cpu and gpu as well.

DDR4 16 GB 2400MHz RAM
1TB M.2 SSD of Samsung Evo 970 Pro

Solution
In response to you saying that Vega 8 is a bad integrated graphics processor, it's actually in the top 5 best integrated graphics processors. Integrated graphics was never meant for gaming, only for light tasks.

No offense, but I don't think a mobile cpu is the best for gaming, especially for ultra or high settings gaming. Go for a full desktop cpu, and get a proper graphics card. Even though the Vega 11, the best built in graphics processor as of March 2020, might sound like a good idea to you, even something such as the GTX 1050 Ti trounces it, being twice as fast as it. https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1050-Ti-vs-AMD-RX-Vega-11-Ryzen-iGPU/3649vsm401440. Also, you can find GTX 1660 supers really cheaply($215 USD...
Dec 16, 2019
In response to you saying that Vega 8 is a bad integrated graphics processor, it's actually in the top 5 best integrated graphics processors. Integrated graphics was never meant for gaming, only for light tasks.

No offense, but I don't think a mobile cpu is the best for gaming, especially for ultra or high settings gaming. Go for a full desktop cpu, and get a proper graphics card. Even though the Vega 11, the best built in graphics processor as of March 2020, might sound like a good idea to you, even something such as the GTX 1050 Ti trounces it, being twice as fast as it. https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1050-Ti-vs-AMD-RX-Vega-11-Ryzen-iGPU/3649vsm401440. Also, you can find GTX 1660 supers really cheaply($215 USD in my region), which are like two times better than the GTX 1050 Ti(https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1050-Ti-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1660S-Super/3649vs4056), so I suggest you buy one of those for good gaming. If you are a hardcore gamer and want 100+ fps 1080p for whatever reason, buy the RTX 2070 Super.

Also, for the cpu, get a ryzen 5 3600x. They are one of the best price-to-performance cpus, and they cost around $200 USD. They also have 6 cores and 12 threads, so plenty of room to do extra things beside gaming.

Thanks for reading my post!
(P.S Even if you REALLY want to buy a mobile processor, you can't. They are sold only in pre-built laptops and soldered to the motherboard. So buy a fully fledged desktop processor.)

Last edited:
Solution