Question latest BIOS for Asus Prime X570-PRO and Ryzen 1'St generation (7-1800x)

Oct 27, 2020
Hi everyone,
My Gigabyte x470 MB stopped working and I have changed it to Asus Prime x570-PRO.
The question is about its compatibility with 1'St generation Ryzen 7 1800x.
I tried two samples of x570-PRO: one was with BIOS 2606 and it did not pass POST, showing diode for CPU problem.
Another x570-PRO was with the first bios 0406, dated June 2019, and Ryzen 7 1800x runs well on it.
I would like to setup the newest possible BIOS, which is still compatible with my CPU.
Considering that downgrading BIOS on this MB is impossible, I do not want to try blind upgrades. I hope anybody has the first generation Ryzen on Asus x570 Motherboard. Or may be there is an indication, until which AGESA version 1'St Ryzen works with x570?
Could you let me know your thoughts?

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
My Gigabyte x470 MB stopped working and I have changed it to Asus Prime x570-PRO.
The question is about its compatibility with 1'St generation Ryzen 7 1800x.
I tried two samples of x570-PRO: one was with BIOS 2606 and it did not passed POST, showing diode for CPU problem.
Another x570-PRO was with the first bios 0406, dated June 2019, and Ryzen 7 1800x runs well on it.
I would like to setup the newest possible BIOS, which is still compatible with my CPU.
Considering that downgrading BIOS on this MB is impossible, I do not want to try blind upgrades. I hope anybody has the first generation Ryzen on Asus x570 Motherboard. Or may be there is an indication, until which AGESA version 1'St Ryzen works with x570?
Could you let me know your thoughts?
You do realize that firts generation Ryzen is not OFFICIALLY supported by your motherboard ?
So it is more "by accident" that your combination works, than by design.
So, anything that says it will work etc.. should be taken with a grain of salt ...

Oct 27, 2020
You do realize that firts generation Ryzen is not OFFICIALLY supported by your motherboard ?
So it is more "by accident" that your combination works, than by design.
So, anything that says it will work etc.. should be taken with a grain of salt ...
Hi, thanks for the response.
I know that AMD doesn't claim 1'St gen Ryzen support on x570. In the meantime Asus has another models on x570, where my CPU is in the support list. So, it shall be up to the OEM and I only thought if anybody has experience with newer BIOS, I'd appreciate the info.

Reactions: egda23