Latest Forum Posts section on the main TH page missing?

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Was it an intentional removal, or a new bug that's popped up?

Both at work, and on my home machine (Chrome/Windows on the former, Firefox/Linux on the latter), the Latest Forum Posts section is missing.

Anyone have any info on this?

D

Deleted member 217926

Since it's not really a secret anymore.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-3858944/user-guide-toms-forum.html

The old proprietary forum software is a broken mess. Like so broken the devs can't even do simple things. Thankfully instead of throwing band aids on it they've been working on something new. Something that works! Finally! No one complains harder than we mods have over the past, I hate to say, few years. One broken thing after another will finally be in the past soon. :)

Yes, but at this stage wouldn't it be great to get an update/timeline etc as to the new implementation!? Or is that too much to ask....? I'm sure there are many who cannot figure out the finer details of navigating the sub pages of a forum like Tom's one (as it is quite unique in many ways), so updating the community on what is an important factor is not too much to ask IMO.

Also, although I appreciate anort3's explanation, from my point of view at least, there were zero issues in posting, replying, viewing any part of the forum front page, or how it interacted in the back round. So from a user point of view, it seemed to work absolutely fine. So what gives?

I'm not suggesting for one moment there is anything nefarious occurring, but rather, wouldn't it be nice for us (as in, those involved in helping to contribute to this community over the years) get a crumb of info to let us know whats going on. 2 weeks now!

When I log on to Tom's it doesn't have the option of "Forum" unless I type it into the search bar. No big deal I don't read Tom's as much any more too many ads and I don't trust them any more.

spdragoo

Splendid
Ambassador

That's weird. When I first go to the homepage, it's part of the links at the top (to the right of the logo): Product Reviews, Buying Guides, How To, Deals, & Forum.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador

It was gone for a while, I think it just came back very recently.