Latest news about Intel Motherboard DH67CL ATX

Peter Murphy

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011
My investigations would indicate that Intel's DH67CL ATX "Cold Lake" with the "NEW" "Sandybridge" i7 Processors are perfectly OK??????

The Intel recall is limited to both the P67 & H67 Chipsets ONLY. Futher, if as a work-around simply don't use the Intel (4) SATA2 ports. Instead use any Intel SATA3, Marvell, and JMicron SATA ports which are not affected.

The Sandy Bridge {SB} CPUs are all okay and to date problem free.

SB CPUs -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Bridge

Some articles may have been confusing with references of the PAST Floating Point problems associated with the Intel CPUs back in the 90's.

Peter Murphy

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011

WHO stated that the INTEL DH67CL"Cold Lake" MBs have the FAULTY H67 Chipsets................I have NOT read that Intel themselves have stated this!!!!!

Peter Murphy

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011
OK! "Heuston we have problem". God only knows when all this mess is going to be sorted out, Intel are saying that it will be "sorted-out" by the end of April.

Peter Murphy, just read and understand what rolli59 and jaquith are saying - they are correct!

The information disclosed by Intel is very clear. There is NO mess as you describe, and God definitely knows when the new chipsets will hit the market!

You can buy your products elsewhere. I am staying with Intel.

Great!

In manufacturing, these types of mishaps happen; hopefully not too often. And when they happen, corrective measure should be taken in a prudent manner. Intel is doing this. Similar to automotive recalls.

The new chipsets will be out in April (end of April?), and the new motherboards should follow soon.

In general I am not a 'Bleeding Edge First Adopter' ; when asked about the P67 in this forum or about ANY new MOBO/Software/OS/you name it - I always stated the same, "give it a couple months, wait for BIOS revision, and see what the Guinea Pigs & Reviewers are saying."

Stellar reviews AND:
New MOBO: wait for 2 revisions of the BIOS
New OS & Mission Critical: SP1
New App: Never version X.0

Businesses: In my business I skipped Vista and it wasn't until June I went with new rigs & Windows 7 Pro; the coast seemed clear... My best friend is a MIS manages a huge financial institution they're still running XP. Home: that's another matter (see above).