Latest 'No Man's Sky' Trailer Shows Resources And Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstarr3

Distinguished
You should check out the subreddit for this game. Some of the fans are just frothing with anticipation for a game that can't possibly live up to the unreasonably high expectations that they set by themselves. There were people that tweeted death threats to the devs when they recently delayed it. I really, really hope those people are disappointed.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
I am disappointed at the level of interest this game is gathering. They are using fractals to calculate everything that goes on, all at once, micro to macro. What you see is only the portion that is rendered. Player actions in game may affect the fractal seed or not. Everything else just is, like a Mandelbrot set just is.
I hope they pierce the mindset of our civilization on the power of fractals. Our own e=mc2 is a fractal. Some people, #BAUniC for example, are trying to push for a spread of collective knowledge from which to selectively improve upon a computer code able to render that fractal. Building A Universe Competition/Collaboration/Challenge baunic.blogspot.com

What is 'disappointing' about this?

And 'fractals' could be seen just as a fancy world with a very basic meaning, actually. Just my opinion, but it's hardly the 'answer to the secrets of the universe'

Status
Not open for further replies.