Latest Nvidia GeForce Driver Addresses 10 Series VR Compatibility Issues, Optimizes Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

none12345

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2013
The premium VR card having multiple bugs with VR for over a month, is pretty sorry. Both issues you would think would be relatively easy fixes, but they sure took a long time.

Badelhas

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
I just tried it and the HTC Vive still doesn't work with a displayport connection! Grrr...
Did anyone had better luck than me?

Cheers

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
They struggle to fix VR and on the other side DOOM released Vulkan patch that makes all AMD cards go crazy with insane performance gains.

jtown82

Reputable
Jan 28, 2016
I like how all these little kiddy scrubs try to bash nvidia for a few bugs when not a single one of you could design a simple calculator let alone a GPU.

lip008

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
I like how all these old timers try to defend a company that is in the industry of you know....making a specific product. If I was in the industry of making a simple calculator....and it had simple little bugs....ring me up for sucking at my job.

jasonelmore

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
lol @ the people dissing nvidia over these bugs. This is a brand new card, and brand new architecture. With Bleeding edge tech like Display Port 1.4, and tons of new rendering technologies. These small problems are trivial and to be frank, i expected even more issues. Good on Nvidia for fixing everything so fast. These cards are still hard to find, so not that many people were affected (not many vive owners or VR owners for that matter)

On the flip side, AMD's RX 480 had a pretty substantial power drain problem, and to this day, it's still not fixed despite a 2 pronged attempt at a solution. The card still draws 5%-7% to much power over the PCI Connector spec. Before the fixes, it was much worse, 15-20%. This fried several RX 480 buyers motherboards. AMD is the one who really screwed up here because they can't fix it with software like nvidia just did. It's a hardware problem with the reference series.

Status
Not open for further replies.