Latest Trailer For 'The Division' Shows Off Single-Player Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicofehr

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
I hope its a decent sized campaign. I'm not much into multi player games unless i'm playing with people I know personally in the same room using a LAN. No fun dissing someone on other side of world. Way more fun then going to the bar for gamer geeks :p

It's an interesting concept, but its hard to judge how much staying power it has with the gaming community. There's nothing worse than dropping $60-$120 and have a dead scene in a month or two. Maybe the market's heavily saturated at this point.

My best guess is we're looking at a game that favors player versus environment co-op play, that allows for the lone wolf playstyle, and singles or groups to wander into designated areas for PVP that have the best chances at the best loot. The risk vs. reward of doing PVP and becoming a player killer also sounds interesting.

Now, because they're sort of tight lipped with NDAs, quiet devs, and carefully edited promotional videos, they've allowed a lot of negativity to flourish already. Everyone's worried about trolls and groups camping those extraction areas. Again, due to NDA, people in the normal discussion areas aren't very specific, but it sounds like there are mechanics to discourage bad behavior but also encouraging random PVP events to occur. That right there is a design challenge.

I'm interested in the title but I'm no Day One buyer, and I'm for sure not going to pre-order the game just to get a beta access to find out if I want to buy it or not.

I'd like for someone with more experience with UPlay to also chime in on the reliability of the service.

soccerplayer88

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
It's like a more fluid version of Dark Souls multiplayer. You are in your own persistent world but when you enter a Dark Zone other players can join too if they are in the area. Friendly or hostile alike.

Status
Not open for further replies.