Latest Windows 10 Build Adds Edge Extensions To Windows Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spelli

Honorable
Jul 27, 2012
Microsoft can add bells and whistles all they want, it's still going to smell like what it is at it's core: <Watch your language>.

wifiburger

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2016
well every new version of Windows and new tech comming from Microsoft comes with these stupid articles all over the internet, they don't stop till they release the next version of Windows

DeadRam

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2007
According to Microsoft, Windows 10 is the last version of Windows. In fact they will remove the # and just call it "Windows". Yearly updates will be like upgrades.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Since this is the last version of Windows and Windows will turn into a service these things will turn into a pay as you go platform like the free to play games who charges a premium for features.

Yeaaaaaaa! now we can block all the ads except Tablooa :)

What the best thing about this is that the extensions auto update without involvement from the user. This can be bad also because the developer can change the extension at any time without consent from the user, so they can add and remove features as they wish

3ogdy

Distinguished
A welcome improvement, but it's like taking dog excrements off the tires of your Multipla / Pontiac Aztec and calling the change a considerable improvement! Such a piece of sh¡t Windows with software as disappointing as the OS. It's all against its own user base. Hopefully the ones responsible for this never ending regress we're constantly witnessing will bite the dust as painfully as possible.
So many people are tired of this constant mockery that even hope itself is becoming as rare as a good modern OS from Microsh¡t.

3ogdy

Distinguished
A welcome improvement, but it's like taking dog excrements off the tires of your Multipla / Pontiac Aztec and calling the change a considerable improvement! Such a piece of (Mod Edit) Windows with software as disappointing as the OS. It's all against its own user base. Hopefully the ones responsible for this never ending regress we're constantly witnessing will bite the dust as painfully as possible.
So many people are tired of this constant mockery that even hope itself is becoming as rare as a good modern OS from Micro(Mod Edit).

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
DPC Latency blows on windows 10 and no the program itself it's not broken it's the OS that is broken specially the lack of full GDI hardware acceleration. Absolutely minor mouse and keyboard interaction create massive 1000us DPC Latency spikes. Manufacturer video card drivers actually ironically amplify a all ready poor situation further. The whole thing is rather annoying the amount of things that are still GDI based and will remain that way is still very high.

HyperMatrix

Distinguished
May 23, 2015
Been waiting for this forever. Had been using a modified hosts file but lack of pop up blocking made me switch to come for some sites. Edge is actually a great and speedy browser. Can't wait to the update comes out for the rest of us.

3ogdy

Distinguished

Really? You're the first one I hear longing for Google's toolbar. What's so special about it?

mavikt

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
I'm still concerned about the tracking issues with Win10 (stock interests(!) amongst others (not so much for my part but for the user base at large and society; what will they do with the big data???)) since I'm still running Win7 and don't know/haven't investigated how to keep my integrity in regard to Win10 or what the real fuzz is about.
But since I'm due for a HW upgrade, and Skylake is the last uP supported on Win7 I'm between a rock and a hard place (I'm still on Ivy bridge, might wait for Kaby lake)

Otherwise I'm just waiting for MS to announce that they're abandoning the desktop segement completely going head to head with the mobile market and leaving corporations and private users alike baffeled scratching their heads; What now?; a la Dilbert: Random acts of management!

Well Let`s just hope these so called fixes or improvements help a certain percentage of windows 10 users in resolving problem they have with Windows 10.

Before they all become bald through tearing the hair out in confusion.

My self I don`t care that MS knocked support for windows 7 out of the window.
To help Push along adoption to windows 10.

In a lot of ways I am glad I chose to stick with windows 7 and not upgrade to 10.
But saying that MS is till insistent on trying to get me to upgrade or move over to Using windows 10.

But I prefer sticking to windows 7 because I know it`s stable in all the main areas, like software I need to run, and even playing new game titles don`t have a problem running ect.

But then if your happy with something, and it is not broken I see no reason to change.
Less so to break my neck on a new OS that has bound to have bugs or errors in it even after release to the public domain.

G

Win 10 the biggest pile of <mod edit> ever released.

<Watch your language in these forums. There will be no further warnings. Next one is a ban>

Status
Not open for further replies.