Latest Windows 10 update broke my headset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimsonfart

Honorable
Mar 18, 2012
Hi there!

Yesturday i installed an update for Windows 10 and now i'm on build 10162. After it updated, i went around and messed with a couple of things, installing some new software and at this point my headset is working just fine.

I go to bed, next morning i wake up, sit down for a bit and suddenly realize i have no sound in my headset (Sennheiser Gaming One). I checked control panel, nothing wrong here. I quickly re-installed my drivers, didn't help. I went ahead and changed the frequency as some people have recommended doing, did not help. I disabled some sounds in Windows as someone recommended, did not help. I'm stuck....

I tried a small speaker for my phone i had laying around, and after uninstalling all my sound drivers, rebooting and letting Windows install them as someone had recommended, i got the sound to work on the speakers, but my headset is still dead. I tried my headset on my phone, nothing (not sure if they even work on phones?). After installing the Realtek drivers i got off the MSI website, everything stopped working again. Windows detects them when i plug them in.

I don't know, but seems to me it died over night, either that or there are some messed up sound issues in the latest build (i have not been able to get 10166 even though i'm an insider and it's been a couple of days now i'v been trying to get it).

Solution
For the headset, since it is a standard 3.5 mm audio device, there are no drivers and it will work in anything that has headphone or speaker ports. Since it doesn't work in other device it is probable that the headphone or cable is bad.

For the Windows 10 build issue, they have temporarily suspended the delivery of builds and have removed the ISO downloads. The next build will be delivered through the same channel everyone will be using starting on July 29th.

kyllien

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
For the headset, since it is a standard 3.5 mm audio device, there are no drivers and it will work in anything that has headphone or speaker ports. Since it doesn't work in other device it is probable that the headphone or cable is bad.

For the Windows 10 build issue, they have temporarily suspended the delivery of builds and have removed the ISO downloads. The next build will be delivered through the same channel everyone will be using starting on July 29th.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.