News Latest Windows 11 Up May Slow SSD Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

zecoeco

Prominent
BANNED
Sep 24, 2022
SSD slowdown? Nothing new.
This is why I switched back to Windows 10.
My NVMe was around 30% slower on W11 (22H2).
My FPS dropped noticeably and I hate the lag.
It's just not as fast nor as snappy as W10.

Windows 10 FTW

FunSurfer

Distinguished
Update (03/22/2023): A patch is coming soon, do not try to fix manually
There is also a Windows Security bug, "local security authority protection is off" that requires 2 manual registry changes to fix.

Last edited:

USAFRet

Titan
Just tested the 6x drives in my main system. CDM 8.0.4, after this referenced Update.
All within single digit percentage from before the update.
Some segments are faster than previous, mainly in the 1TB 980 Pro.

1TB Samsung 980 Pro and 1TB Intel 660p
j1VmHQl.jpg

purple_dragon

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2012
Honestly, Win 11 is not worth moving to unless you have Alder/Raptor Lake for better thread scheduling or just need the newest thing. Otherwise, Win 11 is more or less a reskinned Win 10 with more tracking.

Reactions: Makaveli

ThatMouse

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2014
I had to roll back a few months ago due to the GPU being slow and stuttering. Rolling back in NOT fun and takes a long time. It's also very possible to break Windows when you do this causing you to have to reinstall!

s997863

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2007
I can't see MS improving their behaviour until they lose a big class action lawsuit for not providing options for:
  1. disabling auto/forced updates, on all Windows editions.
  2. manually installing/uninstalling individual updates, with clear & specific documentation on what each update is for.

I remember when programs, games or demos came bundled with certain Windows files (a.k.a. pre-requisites), and knowing exactly why I needed to install IE8, or DX9, or WMP9 or MSVCRT or MS-JAVA-VM, or WindowsInstallerUpdate, or Service pack 1 or 2 ... etc., unlike the dozen or so kbxxxxxxxx files that I had to search non-MS sites about, to learn that they are necessary to run certain programs on Win10, i.e. skype, teams, minecraft, none of which will actually tell you that you are missing a certain update when they fail to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.