[SOLVED] Latitude E6400 Touchpad stopped working after keyboard swap

Jowcha2003

Commendable
Dec 10, 2019
Hello everyone so i have problem with my E6400 i just swaped my keyboard from standard to backlight one and my touchpad stopped working!!! i tried to enter BIOS to see if it is disabled there but it didn't allow me to change anything even with external mouse then i tired to install old keyboard and touchpad started working again.Soo what could be the problem???

Solution
Could simply be the keyboard you are trying to use won't work with the motherboard connectors properly. Only two things are possible here, you did not connect the cables properly or keyboard and your system are not compatible. Could be the back-lit version of the laptop has a different motherboard connection on it.

Lutfij

Titan
Does the laptop boot into the OS without any issues? If so, fire up your browser and go to KeyboardTester, type through your laptop's keyboard and see if any keys are being depressed. often times when the keyboard is replaced, the laptop needs to be disassembled, partially or completely, perhaps the ribbon cable for the trackpad is yet disconnected(by accident)?

Jowcha2003

Commendable
Dec 10, 2019
Does the laptop boot into the OS without any issues? If so, fire up your browser and go to KeyboardTester, type through your laptop's keyboard and see if any keys are being depressed. often times when the keyboard is replaced, the laptop needs to be disassembled, partially or completely, perhaps the ribbon cable for the trackpad is yet disconnected(by accident)?

So i just finished testing the keyboard on KeyboardTester and every button works im writing this massage on it.The ribbon cable isn't disconnected because after i saw that touchpad wasn't working i installed old keyboard again to make sure that i didn't damaged the cable. Everything worked fine with old keyboard.And i don't see the point to disassemble whole laptop just for the keyboard swap???

P.S i forgot to write it on the start of the massage Laptop booted without any problems into the OS

Could simply be the keyboard you are trying to use won't work with the motherboard connectors properly. Only two things are possible here, you did not connect the cables properly or keyboard and your system are not compatible. Could be the back-lit version of the laptop has a different motherboard connection on it.

Solution

Jowcha2003

Commendable
Dec 10, 2019

It could be actually the connector of the back lit keyboard is not the same color like on the standard one.On standard is brown and on the back lit is blue.

TRENDING THREADS