latitude e6410 broken keyboard and touchpad

Oct 30, 2018
Dell Latitude e6410 keyboard and touchpad not working, spilled a drink over it and now I have to use a mouse and a separate keyboard to use it, my question is will I need to buy a new keyboard or a touchpad aswell?

Solution
I believe you will have to replace it and the touchpad.. But just to make sure can you tell me if the buttons on the touchpad work? Also do you know if there is still liquid inside or if whatever spilled damaged the keys sensors or whatever makes it register with a press or is it just blocking it? You could try taking one key off to see, but most likely you will need to replace it all.

Oct 30, 2018
I believe you will have to replace it and the touchpad.. But just to make sure can you tell me if the buttons on the touchpad work? Also do you know if there is still liquid inside or if whatever spilled damaged the keys sensors or whatever makes it register with a press or is it just blocking it? You could try taking one key off to see, but most likely you will need to replace it all.

Solution
Oct 30, 2018

Took me a while but I got here, Yeah I checked for liquids but its completely dry, I guess it really is just a case of replacing both keyboard and touchpad since none of it really works.