Latitude E6420 vs Latitude E6420

pbaatrsl

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012
Which computer would you choose?

Both are Dell Latitude E6420 with everything exactly
the same but the specs of the processor.

A, Has an Intel i5 with 2.60 GHz 32 Bit

B, Has an Intel i5 with 2.40 GHz 64 Bit

there both new in the box and mine, but I want to decide soon which I want to make mine to use, then I will give the other to someone in my office...
Please pick your computer and maybe briefly why.

When you say 32 bit and 64 bit are you referring to the OS (Windows 7) version? Looking at the Dell web site (http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=blct641&model_id=latitude-e6420&c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04) for that model I don't see an i5 2.40 GHz processor as an option. The options are: i5-2520M 2.5 GHz, i5-2540M 2.6 GHz, and i7-2760QM 2.4 GHz. Those are the processor options that most closely match the ones you mention. To be safe I checked the Intel site as well.

pbaatrsl

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012
I hear ya but I got both at the office as I noticed that... I will go into set-up or system.. But I swear I did as I got the 64 bit first.. Yes I just looked at took photos i5 -2430m CPU@ 2.40 GHz. Then in device manager it has it 4 x...can I add pic some where??
I have to get off my i-phone as I'm not using it yet no blue tooth so will do it from old pic tomorrow..

This is a complete care warranty, computer but says build date in Aug...
So now that is the case which would you keep for your self... Absolutely identical except the processor is 2.4 64 bit. I never had a 64 bit so was leaning that way as either is more then I will need....

tyvm

Both CPUs are 64 bit. Every CPU from Intel and AMD in the last 10 years or so is 64 bit. 32 bit OS tend to have less compatibility issues with software and hardware, and if you have 4 gig of RAM or less, 32 bit or 64 does not matter much. I remember selling some RDRAM to buy an Athelon 64 CPU 2 jobs ago, which was about 9 years now.

32 bit or 64 must be the version of Windows installed, but it's odd that you'd have someone ordering two different setups like that for an office.

If it was me, I'd use the 32 bit version, but it really is just a preference.