Launch Trailer For 'Deus Ex: Mankind Divided' Arrives, Developers Still Working On DX12 Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excited about this game. Human Revolution was a great game even with its ups and downs. Hopefully they keep the same gameplay and story telling but kick it up a notch, as it looks, with the game mechanics.

Hope you guys can get a performance review in soon too so we can see what kind of hardware it takes to play this properly.

OneFai

Reputable
Jan 16, 2015
The graphic of the last Deus Ex game was unimpressive. I hope this game will look better. I spent more than 500 dollars on my video card and I love eye candy.

The pre-released gameplay video looks good but it is preliminary. I am going to wait till the price comes down at least 10 dollars before I order it.

OneFai

Reputable
Jan 16, 2015

Good. I feel better now. I really want the game to be good.

alextheblue

Distinguished

Developers wouldn't be using DX12 if it was "fake". Ditto for it's low-level Vulkan counterpart. Not to mention that it's been proven to boost performance and/or provide the potential for better graphics on the same hardware, depending on how developers utilize it. There's existing games that provide this evidence, and it benefits Nvidia and AMD alike (though late-gen GCN architecture seems to benefit a bit more as a %). Now whether or not Eidos Montreal's upcoming DX12 renderpath is good or not remains to be seen. But that doesn't reflect on DX12 as an API.

You know, I'm not sure why I bother. You're either willfully ignorant or trolling, and in either case nothing I say will matter to you.

DX12 not "fake". My two cents.. You are probably referring to Tomb Raider or some other failed attempt to get DX12 working. The problem is you need to start with DX12 in mind to properly optimize for it.

Games will get better with DX12 as time goes on. It's actually a very, VERY significant thing for the gaming community but it's too much to explain in short here.

I suggest you read up on DX12, Vulkan (even Mantle) before you show your ignorance elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.