Question Launching games freezes entire PC after installing GPU drivers. Any ideas?

Feb 4, 2021
Okay so, during browsing and every other task I threw at it, my PC is working fine. Stress tests after I built the PC also didn't show any problems. Only when I try to launch a game, the entire Pc freezes up and I have to physically reset it to get it working again. This happens in every game I've tested so far.
I've verified the integrity of the game files using steam, and also moved the game files to different drives to make sure it wasn't the drives fault, but no luck.

All my drivers are installed, updated, and supposedly working fine, however, when I uninstall my graphics card drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller, and restart the PC to complete the process, somehow all my games are running fine again until I restart my PC a second time and it's back to the way it was before. So somehow, installing the drivers for my graphics card makes my PC stop working correctly.

I would really appreciate any help with resolving this issue, as it is very bothersome having to either leave my PC running at all times, or going through the process of uninstalling my graphics card drivers every time I want to start a game.

Also I might add that this problem occurred since I built the PC

specs:
Ryzen 5 3600

EVGA RTX 2060

MSI B450 A-PRO MAX

16GB HyperX DDR4-3200

Sharkoon WPM Gold ZERO 550W

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

1| Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard.
2| Which OS version are you on?
3| You might want to see if reinstalling the latest drivers for your Nvidia card in an elevated command, Right click installer>Run as Administrator, helps resolve the issue
4| Source another PSU that is reliably built, like one made by Seasonic and with 650W of power for the entire system.

How long is "since"?

Feb 4, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

1| Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard.
2| Which OS version are you on?
3| You might want to see if reinstalling the latest drivers for your Nvidia card in an elevated command, Right click installer>Run as Administrator, helps resolve the issue
4| Source another PSU that is reliably built, like one made by Seasonic and with 650W of power for the entire system.

How long is "since"?

Thanks for your fast reply.

1| I wasn't on the most recent BIOS version, however updating it didn't resolve the issue.
2| I'm currently on Windows 10 Pro, version 20H2, build 19042.789
3| I think i was already doing that, but just to be sure I tried this and nothing changed.
4| I would like to avoid this if possible, as I don't have another power supply or the money to just buy a new one. Also games as well as stress tests run fine until I restart my system after installing the graphics drivers, but if nothing else works I guess I will have to do that.

I built the system in October of 2020.