'LawBreakers' Will Give Away A GTX 1080 Ti With New Open Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake_24

Commendable
Sep 2, 2016
So you have to play within the first four hours to be entered on PC? What are you supposed to do if you don't have that option to play as soon as it comes out and have a slow internet connection??

The Promotion will run on July 28, 2017, and will begin at 7:00 A.M. and end at 11:00 A.M. (Pacific Time)

If you can't game at any time you want to and/or have a slow internet connection, winning or not winning a GTX 1080Ti is the least of your problems. Work in the way? Take a half day for an "emergency dental visit."

caustin582

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009

Just continue living your life, I guess.

Blake_24

Commendable
Sep 2, 2016

Not as much complaining as curious who made the choice to only make the competition available for 4 hours on a Friday morning. Especially since this beta is most likely to draw attention to the game before it is released.

If they opened it for 12 hours from midnight Friday PST to Saturday at 12 noon with this kind of giveaway, servers would likely crash. I have no problem taking a sick day to get a chance to win a $750 GTX 1080Ti. And again, if a slow internet service was a concern of mine, online gaming would be low on my priority list of "to do" things.

I was going to comment on this exact same point. How much of their target audience is going to be able to play during the morning on a weekday? I thought at first it might be so that European players could participate, but the giveaway is for North America only. Perhaps they wanted to have the developers on duty in case some potential issue came up, but I can't help but think they could have extended the hours a bit and still accomplished that.

As for the "slow internet connection" part, you can already pre-load the game on Steam, so that shouldn't actually matter much. I don't see why having a slow connection would be indicative of someone not having their priorities straight though. There are plenty of areas where fast Internet isn't an option. Taking an unscheduled day off from work supposedly for health reasons to play a game and have a miniscule chance of winning a prize seems a lot more questionable.

Hence my comment on priorities. Don't complain if your situation isn't privy to the prize outcome. It's just a fact of life.

termathor

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2015
Hey there,

Just wanted to say you can indeed game, including online, with a very slow internet connection, and quite fine at it, as well.
2.5 Mbps for me (no way to have any better anytime), one full week, day and night, to download Doom, and online gaming works just fine, due to low latency.

And yes, I think those very limited (countries, times) do suck balls. Those guys are not raising up to my radar now, while they could very likely have, if they were less retarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.