Question Laying around?

Mr Helix

Honorable
Jun 29, 2017
Hi, Im going to buy some parts (gpu and psu) but i'm not going to install/build them right away so i have this silly question
is it okay if i wrap the gpu in the bubble wrap (its not coming with a box) and let it sit somewhere in the house for maybe a month or two? will it hurt the gpu?
and what about the psu? will it degrade if not being used overtime..? it comes with a box so i'll keep it for the same time 1/2/3 month-ish
both have 6 month warranty.
thanks in advance!

Lutfij

Titan
Im going to buy some parts (gpu and psu) but i'm not going to install/build them right away
You might want to reconsider buying them now. It's best if you bought them when you'll be able to put them to good use since you'd essentially be sitting on money but the parts would deprecate in value, not because of them not being used...but because with the world of tech, something better would come around the corner.

if you're buying something that's used, that's another thing to not do and leave it be since the seller can claim that you damaged it and are claiming a refund.

Simple answer, parts don't degrade unless they are subjected to a very humid environment when they aren't being used.

Reactions: Order 66

Mr Helix

Honorable
Jun 29, 2017
Im going to buy some parts (gpu and psu) but i'm not going to install/build them right away
You might want to reconsider buying them now. It's best if you bought them when you'll be able to put them to good use since you'd essentially be sitting on money but the parts would deprecate in value, not because of them not being used...but because with the world of tech, something better would come around the corner.

if you're buying something that's used, that's another thing to not do and leave it be since the seller can claim that you damaged it and are claiming a refund.

Simple answer, parts don't degrade unless they are subjected to a very humid environment when they aren't being used.
6 month warranty?

Are they used rather than new?
6 month and not a worry, the sellers are legit, it's not the first time i buy from them and their items are legit, even if not, i only need a month or two, after that i will have 4-5 months left so i will have time in case, thanks for your replies!