Question LB-LINK 802.11N USB Adapter suddenly stopped working!

Mar 28, 2020
I have a LB-LINK 802.11N USB Adapter which I use for my pc, which doesn't have any wireless adapter prebuilt. I recently downgraded from windows 10 pro to windows 8.1 pro as it was unstable but my internet used to work. When I was done installing windows 8.1 pro, my internet was still working for a few days untill yesterday when suddenly no networks were found. I tried every fix off the internet and it didn't work. I thought that my USB was broken but it worked on both of my other 2 laptops. I checked the driver version on the other laptop and it was 5.1.22.0 . Current version of the driver in my PC is 5.1.2.0 and I am having a hard time trying to find the driver. Please help! Hardware ID: USB\VID_148F&PID_7601&REV_0000

Mar 28, 2020
I think your nic is realtek based and this should be the driver:
https://www.mediatek.com/products/broadbandWifi/rt2870

One thing I would try is another usb port. Also, if win 8 updated, it probably broke something software wise.
Hi, I downloaded the mediatek driver which you sent me and after installing it, the wifi renamed to wifi 2 and it still isn't working. I tried other USB ports but it's still not working.