Question LCD Cable or Panel

Apr 12, 2019
I'm sorry if this the wrong thread or anything else that I will do wrong, but this is my first time posting here.

Today during my work break I used my laptop just like any other day. But once I finished work came home and tried using it again, the screen was fine for about 5 minutes or so, and then BAM! The screen started flickering and went black.

The first thing I did was connect it to the TV with an HDMI cable to see if anything outputted. That worked, but still nothing on displaying on the panel. Next I unplugged the LCD cable in both places and blew around the area to see if it was dust. That was not it and the problem persisted. The next thing I did was shine my phone light directly behind the LCD panel to see if anything would show. I saw nothing from which I saw on the TV, but I saw purple and green horizontal lights flickering. Another thing is that there is a ticking noise coming from inside the panel. Yes it is inside the panel I put my ear up to it. Any help would be much appreciated.

D

Deleted member 14196

Take it to a local repair shop or buy a new one unless you’re able to take it apart and service it yourself you have hardware problems. Display panel is probably bad

Apr 12, 2019
Take it to a local repair shop or buy a new one unless you’re able to take it apart and service it yourself you have hardware problems. Display panel is probably bad

I can take it apart and repair it myself, but how much would a new panel cost? The local shop is going to cost around $80 for screen problems.

D

Deleted member 14196

You can look on eBay for the exact model panel that you have I don’t know how much it’s going to cost. I don’t even know what kind of computer that you have

Google your model and see