• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question [LCD Experts Help Required] Thomson old lcd permanent installation mode

yago.cascallar

Commendable
Oct 11, 2017
Hello everyone and thanks for reading.

So, my issue is the following. A few months back i bought a dirt cheap lcd tv as a temporary replacement for my kids

Model?

Thomson Intuiva 27 -->27LB130S5. Cost ? 25€, general state overall not so good but seller said it works.
When set it up for the kids i noticed a small red "P" on the left bottom corner of the screen. It did not affect functionality so i just left it like that.
After kids got their TV back, it was time to decide what to do with this LCD. I thought that setting it up for a small cpu emulator would be great, so i hooked a cpu and found my first problem.

Overscanning. I have looked up a lot on the net searching for a fix on this particular model and there is none, so the first question is....

Any expert around that knows if messing around with overscanning on these old LCDs?

Then I looked up how to get rid of the red P. I found a page where someone said it mean "production mode" and by a simple button combo it goes away, and it did.

My main problem is that, after looking for things way too much, I ended up entering service menu, and pressed factory reset. All good up to that point, but ever since, every time i turn on the TV it goes straight to initial installation. So I seem unable to get out of this stupid loop.....

Anyone who has had this problem on a thomson lcd or knows about it?

Thanks! and sorry for the messy explanation

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS