songoku

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2003
Hey i have an urgent qwestion. I built this computer for a guy and he bought a $500 lcd and this lcd has lines that run through it. I think they are the lcd refreshing but i have no idea. I have tried different video cards, for some it gets better for some worst. I have also changed the refresh rate and drivers for both the monitor and video cards. any ideas ?

PS the lcd is a Megavison mv173 silver.

Supporting AMD with your breakable stuff.

Zivman

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2001
He paid way too much for the LCD as it can be found for 320 with a simple search on the net. Anyways, the lines are most likely due to the fact that it is hooked up via VGA (analog). I get "lines" so to speak when I hook my lcd up analog. DVI is a must when it comes to LCDs

Xrtaea

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2003
Go to it's menu and tweak the Video Noise or Phase settings. If that's what causes it, it's a normal thing with analog vga signal. Tweak it and you'll be fine. No, DVI is not a must; just an improvement and the best option especially on bog screens.
A properly set analog-signal-Lcd with quality shielded cable will give you excelent results.

songoku

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2003
I told him be paid way to much, but he bought it on the spur of the moment. It did come with a 3 year no questions, same day replacement, warrantee but still there is a store right next to where I live that had the same deal for under $430. Not my money so I don’t care. Next is his monitor doesn’t support dvi. It says it supports it but no contactors or even an svideo connector for that matter. Lastly his monitors menu doesn’t have a place to "tweak" video noise or phase settings. Any other suggestions?

Xrtaea

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2003
I assume you tried a quality cable, right?

Usually menu's contain some settings for Phase and Clock. Maybe it's under a different term.

songoku

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2003
well i called the manufacturer and they said its a problem with the cpu of the monitor. Thus u get a brand new one on Wednesday.

TRENDING THREADS