LCD Monitor as stand alone display for Bluray?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trist_58

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011
Hey everyone,

A friend is upgrading her ASUS VW266H LCD for a better IPS for work related stuff and asked me if it was possible to use the old ASUS as a display to be hooked up to a standard Bluray player.

The monitor in question has HDMI audio and video input capabilities so my question here is can this monitor play media using a Bluray player independant of a PC?

Any opinions would be helpful.

Thanks community :D

Solution

Should work, you can use things like game consoles with regular monitors, long as speakers in the monitor work with HDMI. The monitor speakers may only work with the mini din connections. Otherwise you need to check if the player can route audio in a separate stream from HDMI.

Should work, you can use things like game consoles with regular monitors, long as speakers in the monitor work with HDMI. The monitor speakers may only work with the mini din connections. Otherwise you need to check if the player can route audio in a separate stream from HDMI.

Solution

Trist_58

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011
I had a look on the ASUS website and the specs for the monitor say "AV Audio Input: HDMI " so I think the sound should work fine with the proposed setup. I might just get a cheap bluray player from ebay and see how it goes.

Thanks for your help, hang-the-9!

Status
Not open for further replies.