Lou Zack

Prominent
Sep 26, 2020
Hi everyone,
After a week of use, I noticed a small crack on my monitor today. In no way have I damaged the monitor and it seems strange to me that I have not noticed the damage before.
Can such damage do itself?
Do you think it could expand to the whole panel? It doesn't bother me right now, but I'm afraid the damage will get worse.
Thanks in advance

https://ibb.co/2qw2R6k

https://ibb.co/WKrNHkk

Solution
normally this type of damage would only occur from something striking the screen.
it's not going to go away and i imagine would eventually prove very annoying seeing this every time you use the system. especially when text or images will appear directly where the damage is.

whether it happened during manufacturing or during packaging it should have been noticed before it came to you, unless it did happen while you were unpackaging or later.
but quality control over the years has seem to have declined enormously.

either way i would opt for either a return/exchange from the retailer or an RMA for replacement from the manufacturer.
if just recently purchased, dealing with the retailer purchased from is probably the best/easiest way to go.
normally this type of damage would only occur from something striking the screen.
it's not going to go away and i imagine would eventually prove very annoying seeing this every time you use the system. especially when text or images will appear directly where the damage is.

whether it happened during manufacturing or during packaging it should have been noticed before it came to you, unless it did happen while you were unpackaging or later.

either way i would opt for either a return/exchange from the retailer or an RMA for replacement from the manufacturer.
if just recently purchased, dealing with the retailer purchased from is probably the best/easiest way to go.

Reactions: Lou Zack
Solution

Lou Zack

Prominent
Sep 26, 2020

Thanks for the reply! I will return it.

TRENDING THREADS