LCD Monitor & Video Card Recommendation for P2B MB

Gilbert

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2001

I have a P2B-DS and currently use an analog monitor. Do the LCDs and cards
with DVI outputs give a sharper, crisper picture/text? If so, what
monitor/video card do you recommend for the P2B?

Thanks.

Gil

Just about any lcd will give you a brighter, clearer, better
contrast and richer colors. I did a side by side comparison with my
lcd and crt (dvi and analog out respectively) and I was truely amazed
at how much the lcd (BenQ) blew away my samsung DF series flat
screen...
There are some good buys right now on good video cards, but keep in
mind that you will need a "2X" agp compatible video card for your
system. That alone will narrow your choices down somewhat. I'de
recomend an "ATI" or "Nvidia" chipset based video card. BFG tech has
lifetime support on thier nvidia products and some ATI brand cards do
come with a 3 year warranty.
For the lcd, I'de say LG, Samsung, BenQ and Viewsonic. Look for
specs with both analog and digital video out as well as 16ms "or less"
response time. Brightness is also a feature to watch for and you
definately want to compare the warranties.
Here's a great site for checking out user feedback on a specific
model you may have found of interest:

http://www.epinions.com/

Good luck!

ps: since I've purchased my lcd, the same lcd with similar features is
exactly half the cost ! Good time to buy...

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 01:00:42 GMT, "Gilbert" <noreply@none.com> wrote:

>I have a P2B-DS and currently use an analog monitor. Do the LCDs and cards
>with DVI outputs give a sharper, crisper picture/text? If so, what
>monitor/video card do you recommend for the P2B?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Gil

nospam@needed.com (Paul) wrote:

[snip]

>I'm typing this on a 17" LCD, and I'd stick with my old
>CRT given the choice. One particular issue with this LCD,
>is I cannot turn down the backlight enough - the light
>output is too high for my viewing conditions, and I don't
>have any more adjustment room left. That was not a problem
>with my old Sony Trinitron.

I recently got a Viewsonic VP191b and found it to be too bright for my
liking - even at its minimum settings for brightness and contrast. I
solved that problem by adjusting my (Nvidia) video card's display
settings. After tweaking those brightness, contrast, and gamma
controls, it looks just fine now.

bump...
;-)