LCD's for 3D Apps?

jchedley

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2001
hi,
im very interested in getting a flatpanel due to the nasty and slow growing damage my CRT does to my eyes on a daily working basis.

Im an animator using 3D programs (Maya and Softimage). does anyone else use flatpanels for these kind of apps and reccomend it?

I ask because of response times - no good having blurry wireframes to work with! Fast moving thin lines basically - not something ive ever seen discussed in these forums.

Id love to hear from other 3D users (not games) about the use of flat panels, or anyone who has some info on the subject.

thanks!
john.

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
I do graphics, and although I currently use a 15" Sony CRT till I get my TFT5030, I have done 3d on LCD's before. With current LCD's, rtesponse time is no longer an issue, so it comes down to what size you want it. I would go for a TFT7020 (17" Compaq LCD).

If it's working...overclock it!

jchedley

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2001
thanks for the reply. id love to try one out in person though, my local shop doesnt exactly have the latest equipment in stock. ive been checking out the tft7020 for a few days now, does seem nice. now I just need a good price for it out here in Sweden.

cheers,
john.