Question LD Systems HPA4 Headphone Amplifier vs Mackie HM4 Headphone Amplifier

I didn't read too much in depth, but it seems like the LD Systems one is geared towards the DJ market while the Mackie is geared towards the studio where sound quality matters. I've worked with Mackie gear before and it's usually top notch, so I would lean towards that one based on what I know atm. But it would do 10x more research if I was actually looking to buy it.

darknightbacca1

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
I didn't read too much in depth, but it seems like the LD Systems one is geared towards the DJ market while the Mackie is geared towards the studio where sound quality matters. I've worked with Mackie gear before and it's usually top notch, so I would lean towards that one based on what I know atm. But it would do 10x more research if I was actually looking to buy it.

I've done 10x more research, there's no comparisons between the two online, and all reviews point to them both being good, only way to know which is better is asking someone who has tested both.

I've run into that situation before too. What I would look at is the reviewers reviewing both and see if their tastes are the same as yours in other equipment. If so then they hear the same things you do and would be someone's opinion that would match yours.