ldifde

Barry

Hi

Quick - and possibly easy - question. I'm trying to use ldifde to export a
list of users that don't have a certain parameter. Wahts the "does not
equal" in ldifde? I've tried <> and !=.

ldifde -r "(scriptpath!=default.bat)" -f c:\export.txt -l
"DN,givenname,scriptpath"
Doesn't work. It works fine if i change it to a "="

I'm in the middle of consolidating logon scripts, and before I delete the
old scripts, I want to make sure that no one is using them..

Or am I going about this wrong and there's an easier way?

Thanks
Barry

Use -

(!(scriptpath=c:\default.bat))

.... as your filter.

As an aside and wherever possible, I would recommend using some
derivative of the following syntax which incorporates the use of an
'and'ed query against an indexed attribute thereby reducing the scope of
the query to the index, not the entire directory -

((&(objectcategory=person)(objectclass=user))

.... objectCategory is indexed.

--
Dean Wells [MVP / Directory Services]
MSEtechnology
"barry" <bmercer@bnota.tk.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Quick - and possibly easy - question. I'm trying to use ldifde to
> export a list of users that don't have a certain parameter. Wahts the
> "does not equal" in ldifde? I've tried <> and !=.
>
> ldifde -r "(scriptpath!=default.bat)" -f c:\export.txt -l
> "DN,givenname,scriptpath"
> Doesn't work. It works fine if i change it to a "="
>
> I'm in the middle of consolidating logon scripts, and before I delete
> the old scripts, I want to make sure that no one is using them..
>
> Or am I going about this wrong and there's an easier way?
>
> Thanks
> Barry

Barry

ah thanks a lot!