Leadex Superflower PSU Warranty Contact

SykesIT

Honorable
Nov 11, 2015
Hi I have a SF-1200F14MP 1200w platinum PSU that I got a while ago and was wondering who I needed to contact to see if it still under warranty I have sent a email to Superflower on the website but wondered if anyone had any experience.

The PSU works but the computer shuts down after about a day and reboots.

I changed the PSU to a Corsair and had no issues so looks like the PSU, seems a pity as it is a good PSU.

Thanks

Solution
Check the circuit breaker/fuse? Another faulty appliance on the same circuit? Power sags and surges from your supplier tripping OV.

You could run some tests to see if there are any particular circumstances under which it happens. Prime95 to test the CPU, Furmark for the GPU, Memtestx86 for the memory.

Standard hardware troubleshooting after that would be to remove all unnecessary components and test with a minimal system.

Could be anything from a pinched wire to a piece of current carrying dust or a particular piece of hardware failing.

Quarkzquarkz

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2013
I'm not familiar with Leadex Superflower but I know for one thing. Never ever go cheap on Power Supply Units because once that goes on the fritz, the rest of your components are in Jeopardy. Some of the most reliable PSU brands as of Dec 2016 are:
EVGA.
Corsair.
SeaSonic.
Cooler Master.
Antec.
NZXT.
XFX.
Thermaltake

Good luck!

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador

Brands aren't much good without models. There are many not so good power supplies from those brands. EVGA, Thermaltake, and Cooler Master all have some pretty basic models. They won't catch fire, but they are prone to early failure.

SykesIT

Honorable
Nov 11, 2015

Just wanted to say that SuperFlower make some of the best PSU on the market and have been tested as so by multiple reviewers.

These are not cheap as a platinum PSU at usually £180.

SykesIT

Honorable
Nov 11, 2015
This has now taken a turn the PC has rebooted on the other PSU has taken longer but maybe my PSU was fine.

Any ideas what could cause this issue Motherboard seems like the only other thing it could be.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Check the circuit breaker/fuse? Another faulty appliance on the same circuit? Power sags and surges from your supplier tripping OV.

You could run some tests to see if there are any particular circumstances under which it happens. Prime95 to test the CPU, Furmark for the GPU, Memtestx86 for the memory.

Standard hardware troubleshooting after that would be to remove all unnecessary components and test with a minimal system.

Could be anything from a pinched wire to a piece of current carrying dust or a particular piece of hardware failing.

Solution